07 January 2012

Crinoline Ladies...

I began making Crinoline Ladies a few years ago, then found out I was having Miss A.....and the Crinoline  Crocheting began in full force. I had this idea to make each lady a quilt block, so I'd have sewn them to fabric and sewn a quilt. Well, 4 years later no quilt, but they are starched and going on Miss A's wall as a decoration. There are many more, some from patterns some I made up, like the ballerina. A good place to look for Crinoline Lady patterns is Crochet Memories. That's where I got started, plus I think crocheting with thread is a pleasure many haven't experienced. Its so delicate.  Talk to you again soon, enjoy your weekend!!!!!


11 comments:

  1. I've never seen anything like this before! I have tried crochet with thread and do love it for it's fine detailing... what a lovely idea for your little one's walls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, these are stunning! I've never tried crocheting with thread, maybe I should put that on my to do list

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! very creative and detailed-love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, by the looks of things you may need to post instructions!
    How very lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. very very cute.... what u have made is really beautiful.... i too want to make such things... and thanks for posting such beautiful ladies

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and WELL done! Did you use some metallic thread in them? I LOVE to work with crochet thread. MY FAVORITE medium!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much! I didn't use metallic on these but I have in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been a long time we've talked, lost connections. Glad to have regroupd again with you, your crinolines are grogeous..I have made a circle doily with them from Crochet Memories as well..beautiful patterns. I prefer crocheting with thread, every once in a while I'll get the bug to do something in yarn...nice talking with you...(formerly crochet by the sea)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Faith! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting Sarah Sweethearts and taking the time to leave a comment too! Hope you have a beautifully blessed day! God Bless and Happy Crocheting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...